A tragic incident occurred in north Delhi’s Rohini area, where a 24-year-old man named Saksham Pruthi lost his life due to electrocution while using a treadmill at Gymplex Fitness Zone in Sector 15. Saksham, a BTech graduate who worked at a Gurugram-based firm, resided in Rohini Sector 19.
The unfortunate event took place at approximately 7.30 am on Tuesday when he suddenly collapsed while exercising on the treadmill. Following a postmortem examination, it was confirmed that electrocution was the cause of his untimely demise.
In response to the incident, the gym manager, Anubhav Duggal, has been arrested by the police. A case has been registered against him under sections concerning culpable homicide not amounting to murder and negligent conduct concerning machinery.
The authorities are conducting further investigations into the matter to understand the circumstances leading to the tragic accident. The loss of a young life is deeply saddening, and it underscores the importance of ensuring the safety and proper maintenance of equipment in public places like gyms to prevent such unfortunate incidents from happening in the future.